p Box o' Spices: Fruit Custard

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Fruit Custard


In an attempt to eat healthy and feed our little daughter healthy food we ended up with a fridge full of fruits. Now you have to be really focussed on healthy eating to follow through or all you will have is a fridge full of healthy food and a stomach full of not-so-healthy food. So I decided that noone can say no to sugar coated (once) healthy foods... so I chopped up some of the fruits we had (apple, banana, black grapes). I like the grapes cut in two. Made some custard using the Brown and Polsen Vanilla Custard powder, poured the custard from the stove over the fruits. Let it cool and refrigerated it. Now who can say no to a bowl of fruit custard. I think I will have to make it again so I can clear up the fridge. I will try making it with splenda next time and let you know how it turns out.


9 Comments:

At 9:25 AM, Blogger FH said...

Looks yummy,should use more fruits in there.I have Banana pudding,home made at Aroma.

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger TNL said...

That is so yummy....I haven't had this in a while, and I have jar of the custard powder just lying around....thanks for the recipe!

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Mallika said...

This dish was a real hit with us when we were kids at home in Calcutta. Thanks for the recipe and the memories...

 
At 2:11 AM, Blogger Kavitha said...

Thanks Asha... I just made it to "finish off" fruits that we already had. If this was planned I would usually get small quantities of more kinds of fruits. Banana pudding looks delicious.

Trupti: Thanks. It's so easy. and enjoyable too.

Mallika: I remember having fruits salad and custard as akid too. It used to be such a popular home-made dessert everywhere we went.

 
At 1:13 AM, Blogger sailu said...

One of the most often eaten desserts during my growing years and now I make it for my 4 year old. That's a nice picture, SL.

I personally rather eat only fresh fruits now. I just had some fresh green grapes..:)

 
At 3:27 AM, Blogger Kavitha said...

Hi Sailu
Fresh fruit is always best. There are these phases when you eat healthy, watch your calories and try to be good. And then you feel the need to indulge.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Nidhi said...

Fruit custard is my all time favourite and I can have it any number of times :D yours is looking very nice too! You can add some strawberries and oranges to add some more color to it... just a suggestion.
Thanks, Nidhi.

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Prema Sundar said...

Friut custars is my favourite too.looks delicious

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Kavitha said...

Nidhi: Thanks. Will add more fruit next time. I actually had a pint of strawberries in my fridge and totally forgot about it when making the salad.

Prema: Thanks. Looks like its a popular favorite. Can safely make it when having guests over i guess.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home