p Box o' Spices: Cooking from the blogs... Date cake

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Cooking from the blogs... Date cake

Although I have not posted anything, I have been checking all the wonderful blogs regularly. And with so many new blogs now its just amazing how many of us share this common interest. I am so impressed with some of you who post so regularly. I find some reason or other. The picture didnt turn out ok, or I have already blogged about the dish I cooked, or we ate it before I could take the picture, and so on. I have also been drooling over all the wonderful food pictures out there. I'm sure a lot of effort goes into planning the shot and maybe even working on the picture after the shot has been taken.



There is one recipe that I go back to and judging by the number of comments on the post its obvious that everyone else loves it too. It's Shilpa's Date cake. Its was so yummy that my daughter who generally rejects anything sweet ate a slice and even asked for more. I had set the timer on the microwave and the power went off somewhere midway, and so I have no idea how long I baked it. I think it must have been a bit longer than needed, because the middle of the cake sunk a little. But it was still as delicious as it can be. I am going to bake it again this week.

3 Comments:

At 3:50 AM, Blogger Anamika:The Sugarcrafter said...

Hi spice lover
a nice date cake ! am still to visualise the lingering taste it would have...
am also fond of making cakes and experiment with them. Do visit my blogsite whenever you have time for it. The google search for sugarcraft will point towards 'the sugarcrafter'. The blogsite is http://sugarcraft-india.blogspot.com

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Kribha said...

Looks very delicious and moist. If you had not told that it sunk b'coz of extra time in the MW ,I would not have guessed it. Actually, I was wondering, how did she get such a shape. Maybe the cake was too spongy that it couldn't even bear the weight of the dates studded on it. Anyway, I'll save the recipe and surely try it.

 
At 2:52 AM, Blogger Kavitha said...

Anamika: Thanks for visiting. I went through your blog. and I must say i was mighty impressed. Cant believe all those cakes were made at home.

Kribha: Thanks!! yea it does look like the dates are weighing down the cake. you should try this recipe. u will def love it. BTW I bakes it in a regular oven, just used the MW to set the timer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home